Lieutenant Birnbaum Item Number: A4620
An elderly Chassidic rebbe sits in a wheelchair surrounded by his devoted followers. Suddenly one of them whispers in his ear, “Oberleutenant Birnbuam send regards.” The rebbe looks up and motions for the circle to split for a tall, lanky man he saw more than thirty years earlier. To the man’s “Shalom Aleichem,” the rebbe replies, “Yasher Koach. Yasher Koach for what you did for us in Landsberg.”
The storekeeper in Meah Shearim asks, “Aren’t you Oberleutenant Birnbaum?” Before his startled customer can even reply, he is engulfed in a warm embrace, as the storekeeper shouts to his amazed wife and son, “This man was our liberator!”
Some people seem born to lead more interesting lives than others. Meyer Birnbaum is one of them.
* Relive with him the crunching poverty of Brooklyn during the Depression. Experience his spiritual awakening in Young Israel, America’s first baal teshuvah movement.
* Meet R’ Elchonon Wassserman, R’ Yitzchak Hutner, and Mike Tress through the eyes of an American teenager.
* Encounter the anti-Semitism of the American Army: Christian missionaries in sheep’s clothing, court-martial for wearing a yarmulke, fellow officers’ complaints about fighting “the Jews’ War”.
* Be there at the liberation of Buchenwald and Ohrduff.
* Hear the Klausenberger Rebbe rekindle the flame of emunah and bitachon in his overwhelming Kol Nidre drashah the first Yom Kippur after the liberation.
* Gun running for the Hagannah – Teaching Israeli youngsters skills they will soon put to use in Israel’s War of Independence – Photographing corpses in Israeli morgues to bring the autopsy scandal to the attention of the world – Chauffeuring Mirrer Rosh Yeshivah Rabbi Beinush Finkel and countless others to the daily sunrise minyan at the Kosel – Raising sixteen children of his own and providing a home to many others.
These are but a few of the chapters in Meyer Birnbaum’s fascinating life.
Over the past decade, Meyer Birnbaum has held thousands of listeners transfixed for hours with his stories. Now he’ll do the same for you.
Tags: Meyer Birnbaum, English Books,Novels - A4620
Usually ships within 1-2 Business Days unless otherwise noted. Most orders ship within 24-48 hours. Custom orders may take longer depending on the particular merchandise. Domestic Orders are shipped ground unless otherwise requested. Ground service takes anywhere from 1 to 10 days. Overnight, second and third day shipping is available upon request.
For your convenience we will choose the best shipping carrier that will expedite the order and ensure that the merchandise will arrive in perfect condition. Unless otherwise requested, we will decide which method of shipping best suites your order and that will benefit you the most. All our shipping rates are for the US. International Orders are available upon request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For your convenience, returns can be made for a full refund within 7 days provided if the item is returned unused and in its original mint condition. After 7 days, you will be able to return your unused item for a store credit, as long as the item is returned within 30 days from the purchase date with an original receipt. Seasonal items, sale items, specialty items and custom orders, cannot be returned unless it was received damaged. For efficient processing please report all damages or missing items within 24 hours or receiving your package
In order to properly facilitate the return process please contacts us for a return authorization number. Packages returned without authorization number will not be received. Include the invoice number, and wrap the package securely. Please include all your contact information including email address and phone number on the paperwork and send the package to the following address:
RA: (Number issued goes here)
Attn: Returns Dept.
69-64 Main Street
Flushing NY 11367
This product has not yet been reviewed.
Write a Review
Please login or register to write a review for this product.